Smash The System: Book Launch + Q&A
- Thursday 30th March 2023
- 19:30 - 22:00
- Suggested donation
- £4 members / £5 guests
- Benefit For
- Speakers' travel expenses
- Members and Guests
- 12LRSC Members and Guests welcome
Punk and anarchism have been intertwined since punk first blasted into the public consciousness some 45 years ago, and, while the relationship is complicated (and not ubiquitous), anarchism has been identified as punk’s ‘primary political companion’ (Worley 2017).
But, close investigation of the connections between anarchism and punk has been scant – it’s either taken-for-granted, lurks in the background of other topics of analysis, or is ignored completely. We’re going to change that, with the publication of four books about various aspects of the punk/anarchism relationship
- Liv Wynter: Playwright, performer, agitator, abolitionist.
- Jim Donaghey: Punk anarchist who works in academia, and 'Smash The System' book editor.
- Jay Kerr: Activist from Punk Ethics and No Sweat.